BLACK CLAY MASQUE
BLACK CLAY MASQUE is made with Activated Charcoal to help draw bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of the skin, helping you to achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne.
Black Clay Masque contains the following ingredients:
- Sea Clay, also known as Dead Sea Clay, and is a product that originates from The Dead Sea, located in Israel. It is the lowest place on Earth, and people would visit the area to bath within the waters. Those waters are known for the healing effects in the salt and mud. The product on the market has high levels of magnesium, potassium, sulfate, and calcium, making it great for your skin.
- Licorice Extract has skin-soothing properties. In addition, licorice root may be effective in improving the look of an uneven skin tone. One of its components, known as glabridin, is a potent antioxidant and skin-soothing ingredient, which is great for sensitive, reddened skin.
- Tea Tree Oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It's thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin.
To Use: In a dish, add a small amount of mask powder. Slowly add water and stir until paste forms. Apply to fingertips and massage into skin in an upward circular motion. Let dry. Remove with a warm wet washcloth.
Ingredients: Sea Clay, Activated Charcoal, *Licorice Powder; Essential Oils of *Tea Tree
1) Do not let it dry fully
You should not get to the point where your mask gets pale, dry and crumbly on your face. We want our clay to draw out toxins and dirt, but if it dries too much it will only suck out all the water it can from your face, without giving off its minerals and beneficial properties. Make sure you always put on a very thick layer of clay and keep it on for a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 15-20 minutes, depending on what clay you are using and on your skin type. When the time is up, you should feel a bit of that tightening feeling on your face, but the clay should still look wet on top. this way, the skin will absorb all of the mask’s nutrients. Obviously, never re-use clay a second time, as it will have collected all of your skin’s toxins.
2) add hydrating and healthy ingredients for your skin
This includes oils, essential oils, infused oils, honey and gels like aloe and linseed. See below for suggestions on what to add. If you soaked or cooked organic rice or oats (and I mean organic) in water, use the starchy water to add to your mask and to wash your face at the end. It has incredible smoothing and illuminating properties!
3) Always start with a clean face
Before putting on your mask, clean your face well. I suggest you swab your face with cotton imbibed with chamomile, rosewater, or starchy rice water to avoid using chemical cleaners.
4) No straight acidic ingredients
Lemon juice or vinegar has great astringent properties, but they can interfere with the action of the mask. Instead, use powders like rose hip or powdered vitamin C, or pomegranate, lemon or orange essential oils.
5) Avoid metal
Use a wooden or ceramic bowl and spoon. The metal reacts with the minerals in the clay, so always avoid it when preparing your mask.
Modern Skyn Alchemy is committed to maintaining the accuracy of the ingredient lists on this website. However, because elements are subject to change, we cannot guarantee that these ingredients are complete, up-to-date and error-free. For an accurate listing of ingredients in each product, please refer to your product packaging.
**Please research essential oils before purchase. Some essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy or while nursing. All ingredients used are listed here, as well as on product labels. Please avert ingredients you may have sensitivities or allergies too. These products are not intended to diagnose treat cure or prevent any disease.